Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We meet again, old friends

"Try something new tomorrow." This is what the inside of my Dove dark chocolate wrapper says. I'm currently staring at it as it mocks me. Thing is, tomorrow's Thursday. I'll get up at 6:30, flat iron my hair, pour a cup of coffee and rush out the door. I'll pull into the parking lot between 7:26 and 7:28, and I'll pull out between 6:08 and 6:15. I'll drive home, praying all the way that Central isn't backed up, and arrive home between 6:32 (if it's not backed up) and 6:42 (if it is). And of course I'll be tired. This is my typical workday, and it doesn't allow time for anything new. It's a small life packed into a long day, but it's mine. Not that I don't like it when things are shaken up, they just never are.

So tonight I decided to do something new. You know, in case I can't pack it into my busy Thursday. I'm giving this blog thing another shot. Beholdthepowerofsadie.blogspot.com hasn't exactly been laid to rest, it's just that we've weathered a lot of years together, and sometimes it's better to start over. I've done alot of that the last year. So while I can read the old blog whenever I need to to remember, you no longer can. It's better this way.

That said, here we are again friends. I'll try to update more frequently that I did before if you promise not to tire of the mundane and read anyway. It's hard to maintain blogging momentum when you're the only person you know whose life NEVER changes, but I'll try. Thanks for being a part of my life, and allowing me to be part of yours.

I'll update tomorrow. Maybe. But it's 9:57. I have to sleep in 3 minutes.

1 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

well i'm glad your back in the world of blogging.

just remember sometimes doing something "new" can be as little and as important as smiling at or talking to that person you never do.